1. internationaldatingacademy.com (“the Website”) is owned and operated by Red Admiral Development Ltd., company no 05943007, whose mailing and registered address is 65 Drayton Gardens, London W13 0LG England (“The Company”, “We”, “Us”). The Company’s VAT number is GB 888 4353 70. The Company is registered in England. All rights in the Website belong to the Company. The International Dating Academy (IDA) a trading style of the Company, operating within the Dinner Dates division of the Company.
2. This is an agreement between any user of the Website (“You”, “Your”) and The Company covering the use of the Website. By accessing and using this Website You agree to and be bound by and to act in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Use & our Privacy Statement (collectively referred to as “the Terms”). If You do not agree to the Terms, You may not access and use this Website. The Terms may be updated without notice to You. By continuing to use the Website after the Terms have been updated, You agree to be bound by and act in accordance with any changes. We therefore recommend You review the Terms from time to time.
3. The Website may not be used for any purposes which are unlawful in the place it is being used for that purpose.
4. The Website is intended for the use of persons who are over the age of 18. By using this Website You are confirming that You are over the age of 18.
5. The Website is for use by residents of the Great Britain, the USA and Canada only. The services offered are not suitable for other geographical areas. If You use the Website from other locations, it is at Your sole risk and You are responsible for complying with all applicable legislation.
6. You must make reasonable endeavours to avoid infecting the Website with viruses, worms, Trojans, logic bombs, or other material which could adversely affect the operation of the Website or adversely affect its users and You must not knowingly infect the Website with any of the above.
7. We reserve the right to withdraw, restrict or amend the service We provide on the Website without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason some or all of the Website is unavailable. Although We have tried to eliminate them, the Website may contain bugs and errors and viruses. We would appreciate any feedback on any problems or areas We can improve in the Website and will endeavour to act quickly when problems are brought to our attention. However We will not be liable for any loss or damage of any kind arising from flaws (including omissions) on the Website itself or in any downloadable content.
Our Fees and Provisions of Services
8. The Website is free to You. We will not charge You any fee or commission for its use. Any other fees quoted were correct at the time they were loaded on the site, but may have changed subsequently. We apologise for any such errors, but cannot guarantee that prices quoted are always up-to-date. Where we are advertising services offered by a third party, please check the price and their terms of supply with them before making a booking. We reserve the right not to provide or to amend any service shown on the Website. Payments made to IDA are processed by the Dinner Dates division of the Company and may be shown on Your financial records as such.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
9. “Service” and “Services” shall mean any course, event, services or other supplies made by the Company. All Services must be pre-paid. Where courses, event or services are provided by a third party, please also check their own policies that apply prior to making a booking.
10. A booking is made when You indicate to us that You wish to a Service we or one of our third party service providers offer. By requesting a booking, You agree, (subject to our refund policy below) to pay for that Service in full and that we may take payment using any payment method previously agreed. We will only process payment when we have checked availability of the Service requested. Your place at a course or event is confirmed once we have received full payment. We will advise You if we are unable to offer You a service You have requested or a place on a course or at an event.
11. If we cancel or change the date of provision of a Service, or consider (in our sole discretion) that the Service is unsuitable for You, we will offer You the choice of transferring the booking to another Service (subject to a payment or refund of the difference in price if any) or of refunding You all monies You paid to us for that Service. We accept no liability for any other costs or losses You may have incurred relating to the event.
12. Refunds will not be given if a Service is cancelled within 6 weeks of the day of the Service provision. For cancellations more than 6 weeks in advance a full refund is given.
13. Refunds are not given if details of a Service are changed, provided that the date and nature of the Service are the same; if You are dissatisfied with the calibre of other attendees or the calibre of the event itself, or if You fail to attend without cancelling.
14. We reserve the rights to any photographs or video or other media recorded at our courses or other events. Photographs for personal use may be taken with the permission of those in the photo. Video footage may not be taken without our permission. By attending our events You agree
that we may use any media which includes images of You for the promotion of the Company or of any of our suppliers.
15. The Website contains intellectual property content. Whatever form this may take it is owned by the Company and is subject to International Copyright laws. You may use the Website solely for the purposes of obtaining information about the services offered and related matters for Your personal use and for investigating and making enquiries about the services offered by the Company’s suppliers. The Website may not be used by You for commercial purposes (other than the purchase of services for Your personal use from our suppliers) and You may not use any automated or semi-automated software or system of any kind to access or interact with the Website in any way. You may not reverse- engineer or modify the Website in any way or obtain or seek to obtain any information about the Website which is not required for its stated use. Without the express written permission of the Company, You may not copy or replicate any part of the Website (including any components of the Website, its form and structure; any downloadable materials; including non-literal copying) except:
a) Printing out a copy of the Terms as a reference for Your use of the Website and to ensure Your compliance with the Terms; or b) any temporary copy which may be automatically made or retained by Your browser; or c) as a record of any enquiry You have made; or d) for Your own personal use provided that any copyright notices in the original material are retained and the Company’s status as the author is acknowledged and no images, logos trademarks are printed or downloaded except with the text they appear with in the original.
Using Our Services for Commercial Gain:
16. All our Services are intended for individuals to enhance their own personal dating experiences. It is not permitted to use our Services for any other reason, without prior written authorisation.
17. Nothing on the Website, or any other information provided by the Company as a downloadable file, or by email, or by telephone, or by any other form of communication shall be considered to be a recommendation or endorsement of any kind by the Company of the suitability of any Service to meet Your specific needs, nor shall it be regarded as legal or professional advice. Information the Company provides is broad in nature and of generic interest and should not be relied upon to assist with any specific issue. It may not be relevant or appropriate to Your specific circumstances. We would always recommend that You obtain specialist advice, such as that provided by our suppliers. However any decision you make about the suitability of another person as a potential partner is yours and yours alone and we and our partners accept no liability whatsoever arising from that decision. We advise you to exercise extreme caution before meeting someone for the first time and not to rely on any representations by that person. The following might be helpful (but is not intended to be exhaustive):
a. Get to know someone reasonably well before meeting them or giving them too much personal information. Trust your instincts: If something doesn’t seem quite right, it probably isn’t. If someone appears “too keen to be true”, they probably are and probably want something from you. Usually love takes time to develop. Dating scams are rare, but are becoming increasingly prevalent. Even if your instincts are good – still be careful, predators are great at playing a role. Your date will probably be great, but there are some nasty people out there so it is worth being extra-vigilant. No decent person is going to mind if you are careful.
b. Make sure you have traceable contact details for your date, such as a telephone number. You can say you need it just in case you are late so you can let him/her know. Call them to check it is genuine before the date (perhaps call just to double-check the time). Nobody genuine will object to this. Give this number to a trusted friend.
c. Keep the first meetings short, in daylight, in a public place with other people nearby and have an exit strategy. A coffee together, rather than dinner and a night club. Perhaps arrange to meet a friend afterwards at an agreed time and tell your date beforehand so he/she is expecting it.
d. Do not leave you bag or your drink unattended. Do not let your date get you drinks unless you can be certain that he/she has not got the opportunity to tamper with them.
e. Make sure you have the means to get home safely and independently.
f. Make sure someone knows where you are and what time you are due back. Let them know when you are back safely.
g. If you have met someone “long-distance” and are meeting them for the first time, DON’T arrange to stay with them.
h. Don’t rush – take your time to get to know the person well before being too trusting. Someone who is looking for the “real thing” will appreciate this.
18. Although We have defined service levels that all our suppliers must agree to meet, You should always check the suitability, adequacy and appropriateness of the product or service that is of
interest to You. You should consider seeking independent professional advice before You obtain any product or service from a supplier through the Website. It is Your decision alone to choose or nor choose any product or service or supplier. We do not warrant or accept any responsibility for the advice or service provided by a third party. By submitting an enquiry to a third party supplier vie the Website, You are making an offer to obtain the relevant product or service from a third party on its own terms and conditions. The contract for the product or service will be with that third party and will only be concluded once Your offer has been accepted by them. Acceptance of Your payment on the Website is not acceptance of Your offer. Confirmation from the third party supplier will be sent to You when they have accepted Your offer.
19. You agree to indemnify Us from any claims, costs, losses, fees and other consequences directly or indirectly arising from a breach by You of the Terms. You agree to reimburse Us and our suppliers on demand for any losses and expenses We may incur as a direct or indirect result of a breach by You.
Disputes and Complaints
20. If You are unhappy with any product or service You have obtained from one of our suppliers, You should in the first instance endeavour to resolve Your complaint with them, using their own complaints procedure. If You need Us to provide contact details, please call, email or write to Us.
21. If You feel the service of the International Dating Academy itself is anything short of perfect, or if You have any suggestions for improvements, We really want to hear from You. In the first instance please email us at email@example.com. Alternatively, write to Us at Red Admiral Development Ltd., 65 Drayton Gardens, London W13 0LG
22. The absence of any action by the Company relating to a breach of any part of this agreement will not imply the agreement of the Company and will in no way affect its rights to act as a result of that breach at a later date.
23. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with this agreement which cannot be resolved without external assistance shall, in the first instance, be referred to a mediator for resolution. You and the Company shall attempt to agree upon the appointment of a mediator, upon receipt, by either of them, of written notice to concur in such appointment. Should We fail to agree within fourteen days, either of us, upon giving written notice, may apply to the President or the Deputy President, for the time being, of the United Kingdom Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, for the appointment of a mediator.
24. Should the mediation fail, in whole or in part, either of Us may, upon giving written notice, and within twenty eight days thereof, apply to the President or the Deputy President, for the time being, of the United Kingdom Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, for the appointment of a single arbitrator, for final resolution. The arbitrator shall have no connection with the mediator or the mediation proceedings, unless both of Us have consented in writing. The arbitration shall be governed by both the Arbitration Act 1996 and the Controlled Cost Rules of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (2000 Edition), or any amendments thereof, which Rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference into this clause. The seat of the arbitration shall be England and Wales.
25. If the Website requires You to create a username and/or password it is Your responsibility to keep these secure and prevent unauthorised use and You agree to indemnify Us and our suppliers from any consequences arising from such improper use.
26. You may not assign Your rights and responsibilities as defined by the Terms. The Company may assign some or all of its rights and obligations.
27. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between You and the Company relating to Your access to and use of the Website and supersede any earlier agreements.
28. Any clause of this agreement which may contradict a law or regulation in force will be considered null and void. However, this partial nullity will not affect the other clauses of this agreement, and will not, therefore, entail its cancellation, unless it modifies the principal intentions of the Parties on the day of the signature of this agreement.
29. If anything in these Terms contradicts anything in the terms of business of a third party supplier, then in all matters related to services provided by that third party supplier, their own terms of business shall take priority.
30. This agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.